When you check your iPhone weather forecast and see 75 degrees and sunshine emojis, you know its time to make it a BIG weekend . . . basically the kind that leaves you wanting another weekend just to recoup. I have to admit, it hasn’t been the worst weekend but I am ready to break out the shorts (paired with a sweatshirt of course) and do everything on this list. I’ll leave the grocery shopping and house cleaning for a cold dreary Tuesday and since its Texas, we can pretty much bet that our 75 degree Sunday will only last until sundown.
Go seize the weekend y’all!
(links are clickable, just hover over)
- Mountain Bike Rowlett Creek Preserve. Considering we have had at least one week with no rain, the mountain bike trails are a top place to be.
- Frisbee Golf at Towne Lake Park Mckinney
- Walk the Sister Grove Park Trail in Princeton
- Hike the Lake Lavon Trinity Trail https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wildlife/wildlife-trails/ppww/lake-lavon-loop (outside of Wylie)
- Hit the waves via Wakeboarding at Hydrous Wake Park in Allen
- Take the pups to Bush Central Barkway. This dog park is especially unique with its 2 sections for large dog, small dog area and even an area for Senior dogs or less active pups
- Treat yourself to a country drive(while we still have it) and wander through Lavon, Blue Ridge and Nevada then stop in to Big Daddy’s BBQ in Lavon.
- Go boating on a Swan paddle boats at Towne Lake McKinney
- Make it a Kayak adventure or Stand Up Paddling adventure on the Texas Paddle Trail http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/boat/paddlingtrails/inland/rowlett_paddlepoint/
- Biking Chisholm Trail in Plano
- Chill on the Patios from Celina to Frisco to Murphy – if you want to take it easy grab a seat, grab a margarita. I’m thinking the East Hampton Sandwich Co. in the Shops at Legacy.
- Grab some milk and caramel at Lucky Layla farms http://www.luckylayla.com/
- Live it up at a Top Golf (don’t forget your wallet)
14. Walk through the Croatian village in McKinney https://wearedallasfortworth.com/lifestyle/21-reasons-why-im-obsessed-with-mckinney-texas/
15. Enjoy the Dinosaurs Live exhibit at Heard Museum in McKinney
16. Arbor Hills Nature Trails
17. Tennis time! Sign up for a workout class at HighPoint Tennis center
18. Cruise through Lake Lavon via Pontoon Boat http://lavonwatersports.com/PontoonBoats.html
19. Hike or Mountain Bike Squabble Creek Park in Rockwall (they even have tools for your bike and an air station)
20. Geocaching through Breckenridge Park in Richardson (fun if you are 5 or if you are 85, this is the ultimate treasure hunt through nature) 21. Stroll Downtown McKinney, grab a sandwich at the new HUGS Cafe http://www.hugscafe.org/
22. Take a trail ride on horseback http://www.hhhorsebackriding.com/
23. Winery tour at the beautiful Mitas Hill http://mitashill.com/Restaurant.aspx
24. Explore Murphy and let the kids run through Murphy Central Park (don’t miss the hidden trail behind the pond)
25. Pretend like you ‘re in Austin and indulge in a grass-fed burger at the Kelly’s Family Farm Burger stand https://wearedallasfortworth.com/eat/lucas-tx-burgers/26. Go wild at the Watters Creek Crossing outdoor play area and trail (the trail is just behind the Burger Bar and about 1 mile) Check out the FREE mini library outside Grimaldi’s too!
Want to do something a bit more adventurous on this warm sunny weekend?
(click on the pic and choose your adventure)
P.S. Come join the new We Are Collin County FB group